Monday 26 October 2015

WHIPPED SHEA BUTTER RECIPE

HELLO  READER!

It has been a minute. Life happens you know? But I promise to do better.

Anyway, to start over again, I am coming to you with a post for my recipe for Whipped sheabutter. I use this mix for my body and my hair as well. It is especially great for dry skin and hair. 
The best thing about it is how easy and inexpensive it is to make. This doesn't take away from how awesome it is for you though. It is a purely natural product (no chemicals here) and absorbs very well into the skin. I usually add a bit of pure cocoa butter which I normally get from the Cocoa Processing Company in Tema in Ghana.  

The end results from this recipe is a bit hard at colder temperatures and feels more like a mousse at warm temperatures. It is lovely. I made a little video while making mine so I will post that as well as photos.

You will need a mixing bowl, a hand mixer, empty containers to store finished products, spoon and plastic bag.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup raw shea butter
2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut oil
1 tablespoon Organic Castor Oil
1 tablespoon Organic Aloe Vera Gel
About 20 drops total of your choice of essential oils (I used Peppermint, Rosemary and Ylang Ylang) Use whichever you want.















METHOD:
Place shea butter in a mixing bowl and mix with hand mixer until fluffy.
Add coconut oil, castor oil and aloe vera gel and continue mixing.
Add drops of essential oils and mix until soft spikes form in your mixture. 
Take plastic bag, spoon mixture into the bag, snip one edge of the bag and squeeze mixture into empty containers.













My shea butter was at room temperature and since it is really warm in my kitchen the butter was quite soft so I didn't need to soften. If yours is hard, you can soften it a bit in a double boiler. Don't use the microwave or direct heat as this sometimes makes the shea butter gritty.

You can use a piping bag if you have one and don't mind using it for this but the ordinary plastic bag works just as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment