Thursday 18 September 2014

Hair Update! September 2014

So even though I missed my retight appointment on tuesday because our broadband was being connected, I wanted to share an update of my sisterlocks. They are growing like weeds and locking really well. I still have some loose locs but I hope they all loc by the end of this year. My 2nd Locversary is coming up in a few months so I am excited to see where my locs are at that time. 

I have to say I am still enjoying my locs so much. I still get compliments every single day. Even from fellow sisters with sisterlocs. I guess it is because of the colour I had in my hair before locking. I don't know if I mentioned this in a post before but I had bleached the tips of my afro and dyed it auburn before I locked it. Colour is still in and looks amazing with the locs. People also love the way my hair is tapered. This is also due to the fact that I had cut my afro in a tapered pattern before locking and as such my locs are following the same pattern. 

A week ago I decided to trim the ends of my locs after washing my hair. This was to get rid of the knots and funky looking ends of some of my locs. I am very glad I did because I am really loving the way the locs look now.  Below are some recent photos showcasing my locs. It shows how easy they are to maintain and also style. I don't style often though because I don't want to put to much strain on my roots. Most days I just shake and go.



View from the top
Hair colour.





Updo by Allure salon. For my grand uncle's funeral.  

Sisterlocs are perfect for swimming

Another day out in the car. I usually have them loose.

on a day out in the car





casual side swept style


Also perfect when hanging out with babies and family
Mohawk undo by me




No comments:

Post a Comment