Wednesday 29 August 2012

Natural in Accra- Salons

So anyway I decided to just maintain this blog and focus on my natural hair journey in Ghana.
Being natural in Gh is relatively easier than it was in Sweden. I have the option of getting my hair styled in salons here at home. So far I have been to four (4) different salons since I came to Gh. The first was Twists n Locs located in the Susubiribi Plaza in in Labone. My experience there was not too bad the first time although they used gel to twist my hair n I was not too pleased w the results cos the gel caused my twists to shrink so much. I was, however sorely disappointed with the customer service there the second time I went to have my hair styled. It was on a Sunday and I had called at about 14:30 to find out what time they would be closing. I was told they would close at 16:00 so my cuz n I drove from Sakumono (was visiting my cuz in sakumono at the time) all the way to Labone and got there at 15:00 only to be told by this extremely rude girl who didn't even take her eyes off the TV screen that they were closing early. The only answer I got when I asked why she didn't let me know that on e fon was that I didn't tell her I wanted to come in. As if I would ask about the closing for an other reason #mtcheew!!! Anyhoo suffice it to say I have not been back there since then and it is very doubtful I'll ever drive there from Roman Ridge or Adenta. Pricing is even a bit on the high side.

I therefore decided to try FC Beauty Clinic in North Ridge near Alisa Hotel since I was already getting my nails done there. The girl who fixed my hair had natural hair herself and made the style exactly as I wanted and it was gorgeous. I got so many compliments so I am now a regular client of hers. Price is not bad either. I usually pay about Ghc 10-15 for my twists and cornrows.

Third place I visited and my second favo salon in Accra is Hair Trendz and Spa in East Legon close to American house. I have a girl there (from my tribe actually lol) who is great with styling natural hair. And the customer service there is great. Pricing is similar to FC

I am always on the look out for new good salons that can deal with my kinky, shrinkage-prone baby.

My next post will focus on getting products for my hair in Accra.

Thanks for stopping by and hope u do so often :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment